Skip to main content

Mar 19th 2014

Pretty bad last night, the lingering problem with un organised support function creates a hell lot of chaos. The last minute request and the urgency to complete it as soon as possible makes every plan  go squandering. In a corporate culture there are certain decisions at the interest of a bigger audience cannot be avoided when the stake is huge, but it could be planned.

The stageV migration to exa, the oracle team needed 7.5 tb on priority. The number is not less that can be done on the fly especially when there is a storage crunch I pushed back saying it can only be done next day. The changes that has to be done are quite small but a small mistake can cost very dear, and the people are trying to push things to the limit and waiting for the blame game to start. 

I am writing in a flow and I can feel the difference when posting blog from iPad than with the mobile. Thanks to mili. We went to syndicate bank in a hurry to collect our fixed deposit certificate and this resulted in myself spending 100 bucks in auto as I was getting late for the office cab. Money worth spend, all I can do to console myself. I am planning to open the syndicate bank mutual fund account. It will be much easier to operate locally than to traverse 15 km to MG road for any KYC document changes or any other stuff. Looking for a hectic day ahead and with the scorching summer heat in the cab life is tough but still I love my job and my family. The greatest support system here in Bangalore. It's lovely to see the smile on Etu and Adi face when I come back from office. Lot of credit goes to mili for maintaining the Eco system.

It's easier to get carried away with something that you always want to do. This happened today, I was configuring stormon the open source storage management suite. The intricate world of make files, shared libraries, the perl modules, config files really very interesting. I just side stepped everything, it helps sometimes to just follow your passion. It breaks the comfort level and makes you feel rejuvenated. At the end of the day, all matters is how much you are satisfied with yourself. There were some escalations and I think I need to plug the hole somewhere before it cascades into a big issue. The pending storage queue is getting bigger day by day and I need to move them off my plate before somebody questions it. I was only thinking about my work throughout the office hours. I think there are some people which may think why I am in so much hurry every time, always glued to work. It has became a habit, when in office it's 100percent office and when in home I don't touch my laptop except. If there is any call or I have to watch movies. It's moving pretty well till now and let's see how much I stick to it.

Comments