Skip to main content

Search for perfect sound

Audiophile sound, what's that. If you go by theory there is too much to it. More than one can digest.
Many suggestions and all points to different technical like sub 20Hz for woofer and +90dB sensitivity for speakers etc.
True music lovers swear by just pure 2 channel stereo, no crossfading or acoustic caliberation. But to get a taste of how it sounds you shouldn't be listening to 128bits MP3 or lossy audio. There are contradictions, people say its very difficult to differentiate between a lossy and lossless audio unless in a closed audition or room specifically designed for audio perspective.
Its true and may be not true in some cases. It depends on the type of music one is listening to. A regular Bollywood song will not make much of a difference or any songs which are Mid heavy. However, if you are listening to music which hits high and low, you can feel the difference. Turn on the volume and the lossy vs lossless starts making sense.
Any music which starts paining your ears or you cannot stand more than 5 or 10 mnts, no matter how technically efficient it is made; is not good for you. Music is to the ears of listeners, the subtle beats are for connoisseurs. The same music may have two opposite admirers, it does not mean something wrong with the people but taste.


Enough, so I was looking out for a sub for quite some time may be an year. The compulsion to get it anyhow grew stronger but what? Cost does matters, going for a paradigm Sub which can hit <5 Hz seems optimal but cost wise at +400K it does not.
Setting a budget was difficult as sometimes, the feeling for true music gets over simple things like these personal choices and what if I go overboard to get it done. Or something like, its a one time investment etc. But then life becomes practical and my kids make it more realistic.  I try to go back and think, when I will get time to listen to something like Frank Sinatara or Joe satriani or something like Mike Knoppler. Also when the ideal environment will come up when I can enjoy evening with Raga's and vocals and everything on lossless FLAC or CD stereo. Most of the time it will be a few movies when Mili will come screaming telling kids are making the noise and top of it this heavy bass is creating problems. I know Etu will enjoy the bass when something like a fighter plan or a aircraft takes off and Adu will jump off his feet when dinosaur will thump the grounds.
Why the hell they will listen in solace for the type of music I want to? Its all about taste and age. Mili is least interested in the subtle bass, she has other priorities as well and she is right.


So now, realistic picture is any Sub will do which can give some kind of bass effect which I can enjoy with my kids.
So my auditions started. I called on Cinebels, and listened to there Jamo 260 and J10 sub. The audition room was excellent and they showed me some clipping of 5th element with a pair of jamo towers.

Comments