Skip to main content

Travelogue Ritesh marriage may-June 2014

Finally our journey started on 31st. It's fun filled and expecting a lot of surprises. We packed or luggage with plenty of snacks and were planning to keep our tummy packed through out the journey. It turned out to be a fascinating one.

Called up Meru cab at around 11:30. Reached station at around 12:45. Ac was not switched on at that time so we spent some time on the platform. The seats were comparatively smaller and we're not wide enough for mili and Adi. But the euphoria was too high. Few tea vendors were moving in the compartment. Don't know how many cups we had. But the tea with snacks were fabulous. I planned it in a way that it became a picnic for us.I purposefully switched off my phone. Never intended to work or be in contact with office for the entire vacation. It's good to be switched off for some time to switch back on with full energy when back to office. I don't want to mention office as a word also now. 

Got a kg of litchi at Howrah station. It was tasty and first flavour of the season. Finally reached Jasidih at around 4 on 2nd. Mukesh was there to receive us. It was freaking hot here. The time when I reached here, I was unable to sleep because the couple of hours sleep for the last 2 night took the steam off. I had my green tea in the morning. Etaash dozed off quickly, he is the one who never compromises on his sleep and can sleep any where, just needs a little pat. In train also he slept quite well. I had to move on his berth to tell him a story "chandan pur ki chudail" from my master mind. It was a sleeping pill for him. Adiv is a bit more active and he doesn't goes easily. He takes time and it's a bit tough to make him sleep. Had to sing a lot of parody songs then his favorite dinosaur story which he knows by heart. But still insists on telling him in my unique style. The 2 days on the train were very tough especially for Adi and the ill functioned AC made it worse. During day time it hardly worked and during night it was too cold. We were travelling after a longtime time on the train. Last time it was when Adi was about to come. That was in sanghmitra and it was very difficult for mili. In her last month, it's impossible to move  and she travelled on train. That's why I love her so much. She understands and knows me and my kid very well.

It's very hot here. Shweta came here a day before on 1st along with Mithu. Mili got about 5 dress materials and as Shweta was the first, she got an option to choose the the best one. She opted for yellow. Is this the reason or something else, dont know. Suruchi was coming on 3rd. She is an adorable child. I will see her now as a young teenager with a sense of duty. As Nilu di was telling, she complained initially why her brother Sunny got better education than her but now she understands and tells her, Bhaiya has to go a long way to realize his dreams and he should get better education. With age a sense of responsibilities do come. She is a little fussy but if a kid or teen is not fussy then who will be. It's there right. If child does what ever is told obediently, then I don't like it. I don't like child getting matured before age. This is the age to celebrate without boundaries and let the trouble be reserved for parents. This is the time when goes by, it never comes back. You cannot enjoy the joy of child hood once the time escapes. Then you will realize it with your children childhood. Etaash or Adi paints the wall of my house with sketch pen, they have made my study as there playground, most of the time they don't listen. It creates nuisance but then I tell to myself, this is there time. I will not be ashamed down the line that I didn't let my kids do whatever they felt like. Every memories of there's is captured.

Shweta and Suruchi are closely bonded because of same age. But I can feel there is some tension and jealousy around something. It could because of there age and something very special to growing women. 

Etaash had a very good company with Osi, Amrita bhabhi's daughter. She is a very cute girl and a child to be proud of for every parent. She has a charm and innocence that is rarely with some child. When there is a congregation of people from different aspect of life and if they are relatives the ambiguous and satirical comments are common. I am right in my place and they are at there place. I had a few talks with Lalu Bhaiya, he has a different thought process which is good for this place and I have difficulty in adjusting to it. No comments. There is nothing right and wrong, only the interpretation is right and wrong from your perspective. Things were different when we were chuddy buddies, but goings have changed now. I can't amalgamate myself to what is here. I try to but the rationale keeps me back. 

Take for example Mithu, I can see my uncle in him. The anger and frustration inside him is boiling and the circumstances are tipping it. He told me he is getting some contract work and is taking independent supplier role. But I don't trust his words. It's not that I don't want him to grow but the way it's presented, it's difficult to take a stand on it.

Yesterday we went to Vasudev's uncle home, her neelum aunty. Last time we didn't went to her place and so were a lot of heated arguments over phone. But yesterday everything was normal. I left the mag her place and went to men's parlour. Oasis near new bus stand. Ritesh was planning big for his wedding, and he went for his facial, bleach etc. Took almost 2 hrs. Meanwhile I got my stuff.

Later in the evening, he went to get the wrist watch for sippy. There was a shop near hotel yatrik, which served paratha and chicken. Etu had one full plate but it was full of spice and he almost cried at the end. I got some cold water for him. Mukesh along with tunnu and shourya, were also out for some shopping. So it was decided that tunnu will come along with us in car and Mukesh went to pick Ritesh.  Just in front of the old bus station, mili and tunnu had a plate of chowmein. Tunnu loves this, and I also gave them some time to chill out in the open. 

Reception is planned at just in front of our house. Few of ritesh friends are coming in. Room in one of the hotel is booked for them. Dont know how many of them are flying in but some from Bangalore are for sure by 5th.

I think the ice is getting broken. Suruchi and Shweta got themselves a pair of lehenga, and now because of the heat they are a bit hesitant on the dress. They are having a good time with ritesh along with tunnu, pulling his legs. The drama is getting unfolded day by day. New surprises are coming along. It's just like a race and nobody is cared about the winner but every one is trying to put there best foot forward. I think this is what makes a great Hindu society. Everybody has got some grudge but when the time comes to unite and deliver as a team, they do. At the end results matter. Classic team work example and I think it can be incorporated into the management stream. 

Also, I came to know certain formalities which are unknown to the professional and nail biting world outside. You will have to formally invite someone, by visiting there place. Just by handing over the wedding card, will not help. Also, I have to remind ritesh of keeping a card for the marriage registration. It's required. The car is parked outside to make way for the space in courtyard for the puja and the other ceremony. 

I missed talking about the car, it's really good. The first day I had some trouble with the break, as it was hard but now used to it. It's lovely driving at a place where you have to struggle for the transport. And I love driving. Today 5th, I have to get the safa and the traditional MORE for ritesh. It has to be kept at place outside our house so that it can be brought back on the day when the groom leaves his house for marriage with a vow that he has to get the bride once he comes home. The lighter part is, if the bride somehow refuses to go along with the groom, the he has to find another before coming back. It's good isn't it. I don't know how much these customs will prevail once the generation passes by. But there is a charm associated with the customs and it should be preserved. At times when these values are getting diluted, with the changing society dynamics; it's sad to see the number of people who actually hold the values also getting smaller.

I was actually very upset in the early morning, the power went off and the inverter was unable to hold the load. Everyone was out in the open to get some cold air. I told Mukesh to get the generator set in place from 3rd. But he didn't. Don't know why. Yesterday when the generator was there but some problem with the engine prevented it. At the end there was no power. It was frustrating and so many wild thoughts started coming in. It's difficult for the people here to understand that we are in tolerant to heat. We are from Bangalore and rarely go out in sun, so we are used to it. Apart from that working in an IT firm has it's own issue. Sitting in AC for a long time has made us very sensitive to changing climate. 

Sitting with the others in a group and having food together in leaf plates is very satisfying. Even Adi also wants to have the same. Although he only eats with me is a different story and he always asks for curd with the food. Today my Mama is coming along with my elder brother Mithu who is in Delhi. Also prabhakar Bhaiyas wife along with Shobha di is also coming. Ultimately it's going to be a packed house from today.

Today is the wedding day. Sumit and subodh came yesterday. The parking at Jasidih station was a mess. It took almost 20 mnts to come out of the parking area. Yesterday satyanarayan puja got over by 10pm. It started late and the whole plan for bachelor party went for a toss. Abhishek dropped his plan for the party. It was very late for him. Mukesh also dropped out because of some personal reason. Finally I took Mithu along with the rest. The room was booked at madhumala hotel. We got almost 8 cans of KF and one half black dog. I took a can and Mithu settled for 2 pegs of BD. He has an appetite and gulped both of them down in one shot. I got a can for Mukesh and when hefinished it off, I don't know.

An unwanted accident happened today. The old lady that used to work for us got an electric shock and she fell down. Mithu along with others took her to the nearby hotel. Results are still awaited, but the latest is she has to underwent CT scan. I was planning to go to the market today to get the safa and cloths for Mithu which I have promised. Ritesh also has to get the final touch on his makeup, don't know what he will do. But he is planning to look at his best today.

I came to know yesterday gang Shweta is doing her bsc in physics, what for ?????? Ultimately she has to do B.ED. Also Suruchi is doing her BA in Hindi fro godda which will take a neat 5 yrs. I told her to go for correspondence as the ultimate aim is to go for B.Ed. Hope she listens to my words. They were doing mehendi till 3am in the morning. 

I liked one thing today about Osi. When mili called herself an old lady, she replied promptly, no you are young. Such a kind soul, wish I could had a daughter like her. She is an absolute bless. My only fear is, once the much anticipated baby boy comes in both the sisters shouldn't face discrimination. Which will  be. I don't have words to say how good she is, every word is in complete. I sometime feels crying inside, why lord has devoid me from such a bliss. Today Kamlesh Bhaiya along with Somy is coming. She got a cut yesterday and how bravely without dropping a tear, she listens to everybody. I got her bandage.

The marriage day arrived. We took off quite late around 9pm. It was scheduled at 7. The problem with a local marriage is that people take it casual and things progresses at its own pace. In the evening I went along with ritesh for his final facial touch up. Also I had to get cloths for Mithu, I had promised him. The cloths that I got was too tight for him. When I first saw it at the shop, I know it to be small but since he has confirmed the size, I was a bit hesistant to go against it. But eventually he had to go back to get it returned. I had some hard talks with Lalu. Can't avoid it. But that settled the environment. Ritesh also got his safa. 

Marriage was as usual but we danced a lot. Along with my niece we danced our heart out. We also got ritesh out and let him dance as well. It was too hot and Osi and Etu had to go inside the car. They were exhausted. Once the baraat reached at the destination the regular custom started. I didn't had a heavy food only settled with salads. Nanji ensured Etu had his tummy full. Nupur was also present at the wedding and don't know when she left. Soon Adi started crying and now it was time to let mili and tunnu go back. Tunnu also had to go for her BEd exams at 4. Mukesh left them at home. Ritesh changed to dhoti and Kurta as well. Both the dads went to sleep around 2 and I followed them in next 30 mnts. It's good to take a few hours nap than not sleeping at all. I took a quick shower and went to bed. 

I left the venue at around 7 as people were there to take care of formalities. I dropped papa at Gunjan uncles home and jijaji along with Shweta and Suruchi at our place. I was planning to return back, but Mukesh called on and told not to do so. I dozed off after a quick shower. Papa woked me up around 9 to go there. The breakfast was ready and sunny along with jijaji were eagerly waiting for someone to accompany them. I went here had a heart some meal. And then the wait started, for the bidai. We hired an auto to ferry the sweets.

The day was very tiresome and because of the lack of sleep it got worse. But thankfully both kids slept well. Somehow it progressed nothing interesting today.

Next day was reception and haldi ceremony. Nothing much for me but mostly the ladies affair. The bride has to powder haldi from single hand and then use it on the feet of elders to bless. It started late. Women take a lot of time to get prepared. At evening Meenu my niece surprised everyone. She prepared sweet cheese out of milk which my mom told not to touch and it was for dad. But she prepared it and Adi liked it. He took a few spoonful. Shweta accidentally touched it with her hands, it was very hot. We laughed like anything. Food was good except chicken as it was fried not properly cooked. I also had a beer. The actual delight was the dance. All of youngsters danced to there full. Simi, Shweta , Suruchi, Shobha di's daughters, honey, Mithu, Kamlesh Bhaiya, myself  etc. I pulled up Mili as well for some close encounter and Mukesh pulled up tunnu. It was great. The beats doesn't seemed to stop so were are our feets. Once the dance was over, ice cream party started with all the girls and Mithu leading it. I don't know when we went to bed. In the early half small kids had there share of the dance floor including Etu, Adi, Osi and others.

Next day was the day of reinvention. The meat and paneer were smelling so, Sanjeev suggested to wash them off completely to remove the foul odour. Yes it was good as fresh. We did the same thing with fried fish, except washing it. The big containers we still had, so prepared them fresh with curry. We had a sumptous feast post that. Everyone enjoyed the food. Kamlesh Bhaiya along with his family left later in the evening. Next morning everybody left. Mom asked me to take sippy once to her house so as to complete some customs. Also sittu came early to take her to the school for some formalities. Also, I wanted to see the land which I was planning to buy. Ritesh also came along with us. We went to his mama house. I saw the rudraksha tree. Then later I dropped both ritesh and sippy to there house, had food and left. 

I also had to pack my luggage for next day early morning Train to Patna. Frankly speaking I didn't wanted to go, but what to do there.

Comments